Zucchini with Parmesan is simply awesome !!
Zucchini Sandwich with Parmesan Cheese is a lovely dish. Thanks to one of my friends, Maciek; who invited me for lunch when in Netherlands to get me a flavor of the Dutch Sandwich. The recipe is very simple to prepare but very yummy to savor. I did not find the herbs used in the original recipe in India, so used coriander instead. However, the dish is really worth trying. Do try this recipe for sure.
Recipe – Zucchini Sandwich with Parmesan Cheese
10 minutes for preparation, 10 minutes for cooking
- 1 foot long garlic bread
- 1 zucchini
- 50 grams parmesan cheese
- 50 grams mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoon sweet onion sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4-5 black peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- Slice zucchini in to thin slices.
- Grate the parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
- Crush the black peppercorns.
- Slice the garlic bread in two equal halves.
- Add sweet onion sauce on one bread.
- Layer with grated mozzarella cheese now.
- Sprinkle some salt and crushed pepper.
- Add few slices of sliced zucchini.
- Now layer with grated parmesan cheese.
- Cover with the preparation with other half of the garlic bread.
- Apply little butter on both outer sides of the garlic bread.
- Grill the preparation until the cheese melts.
Serve the zucchini sandwich hot with sprinkled coriander leaves and boiled eggs (optional).