A dosa with a cap.. OMG.. but is yumm !!
Topi Masala Dosa is a cap shaped Dosa served with hot sambhar, curry coconut chutney and potato filling. The dosa gains a unique look and presentation and appeals more than a normal masala dosa would to the person you serve the dish. The best part it, children find it in a new look and love to relish the topi masala dosa.
Recipe – Topi Masala Dosa
30 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 200 grams dosa batter
- 1 large onion
- 2 large potatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 green chilies
- Salt as per taste
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 tea spoon mustard seeds
- Red chili powder as per taste
- 3 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 10 tablespoon refined oil
- To prepare the stuffing of Masala Dosa, boil the potatoes and let them cool.
- Mash the boiled potatoes when cool.
- Cut the onions into tiny pieces.
- Peel the garlic and cut them into tiny pieces.
- Slice the green chilies into tiny pieces.
- To a wok add 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Add the mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the curry leaves and let them splutter.
- Add sliced green chilies and garlic. Saute them for 1 minute on low flame.
- Add the onions to the wok. Let it cook until it turns pinkish in color.
- Now add the mashed potatoes to the wok and mix well.
- Add red chili powder, salt to taste and mix well.
- Let cook for another 2-3 minutes and let it cool.
- In a cool non-stick pan spread the dosa batter and put it on medium flame.
- The edges will start leaving the pan, brush 1 tea spoon of oil over the dosa.
- It will become comfortable to put in the spatula to pick up and flip. Turn around the dosa and cook for another 1 minute.
- Once the dosa is cooked, turn the dosa back again and with the help of the spatula, cut the dosa from any edge to the center.
- Remove the dosa from the pan and shape it in the form of a topi.
- Now, to serve the potato stuffing. Make another small dosa with the same steps mentioned in the previous para. Do not cut this dosa. Once cooked spread the potato stuffing, onions and tomatoes on the small dosa.
You are now ready to serve the Topi Masala Dosa with hot sambhar and coconut curry chutney.