The best of the desserts that you can get !!
One of the best delicacies in desserts that a person can ever get. It had been one of the best desserts I would have ever cooked in my life. The delicacy was tried during the Eid-ul-Fitr with my friends and was so loved by all present including me. Easy to prepare with one of the bet flavors you can ever get with the vermicelli and dry fruits saute in clarified butter.
Recipe – Sheer Khurma
10 minutes for preparation, 20 minutes for cooking
- 500 ml full cream milk
- 1/2 cup vermicelli (seviyan)
- 8-9 cashew nuts (kaju)
- 5-6 almonds (badam)
- 9-10 unsalted pistachios (pista)
- 1 1/2 tbsp charoli (chironji)
- 5-6 deseeded dates
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp rose water
- 1 tsp saffron
- Chop the cashew nuts, almonds, pistachios and deseeded dates.
- Add clarified butter (ghee) to a this base pan. Put the vermicelli and roast till golden.
- Now, to the pan add ghee again; and roast the chopped dry fruits and 1/2 tsp saffron.
- Heat the milk in a pan and let it heat. Let it simmer on low flame for a few minutes.
- Now add the seviyan and sugar and let cook for another 4-5 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Once, the milk startens to thicken; add the chopped dry fruits and the saffron.
- Let cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cardamom powder and rose water and let simmer for another 1-2 minutes on low flame.
You are now ready to serve the Sheer Khurma hot, warm or cold garnished with chopped pistachios and saffron.