The bitterness if you worry is taken away in this dish.. It is healthy and has an awesome treat to the taste buds..
Peanut Methi is an easy recipe and delicious of Maharashtra. A recipe of green fenugreek leaves cooked with peanut; gives an unique taste to the dish. Peanuts and coconuts are widely used in the dishes of Maharashtra. Coconut is mostly used in the coastal areas while peanuts in the major part of Maharashtra. Hope this recipe gives you a new flavor of Methi leaves (fenugreek leaves) and peanuts.
Recipe – Peanut Methi
30 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 150 grams fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1 large size onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 50 grams roasted peanuts
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cut the onions and garlic into small pieces.
- Break away the fresh fenugreek leaves and wash them and keep apart to let off the water.
- Roughly crush the roasted peanuts.
- Add oil in a wok and let it get hot. Add cumin seeds to it.
- Add onions to it when the cumin seed start spluttering.
- Add methi leaves to it when the onion turns pinkish in color.
- Let it cook for a few minutes until the leaves start secreting water.
- Add garlic to it now. Cook until the water has disappeared.
- Add to it salt and garam masala and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add the crushed roasted peanuts and cook for another 5 minutes.
You are now ready to serve the Peanut Methi with hot chapattis.
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh