Healthy Spinach with Sesame Seeds
Palak Til is an easy, nutritious and delicious dish that can be served with rice and dal; and even with chapatis. The recipe is pretty simple and takes just a few minutes to complete cooking the whole stuff. The green leaves are healthy for the eyes and stomach both. Hope you like this recipe !!
Recipe – Palak Til
10 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 500 grams spinach
- 1 large size potato
- 2 green chilies
- 3-4 flakes garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon white sesame seeds (Safed Til)
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- Salt as per taste
- Cut the potato in 4-5 pieces.
- Cut the spinach, garlic and green chilies roughly.
- On a dry frying pan, roast the white sesame seeds (safed til) and let it cool.
- To the frying pan add oil and let it heat.
- Add cumin seeds, asafoetida, green chilies, garlic, potato and salt. Cover it and let it cook until the potatoes are 70 percent cooked.
- Add spinach, turmeric powder, and yogurt and mix it.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Let it cook in open, do not cover the pan.
After 5 minutes remove the preparation from the pan and sprinkle roasted white sesame seeds before serving it with Dhaba Dal Tadka and Fried Rice.