Seekh Kebabs are the “Shaan” of the grillers…and seekh kebabs are simply yumm !!
Malai Seekh Kebab is a delicious mutton kebab which is easy to prepare. Mutton seekh kebab with cheese gives an unique flavor and a delicious melt in the mouth. Malai Seekh kebab is easy to prepare and can be ready in a few minutes once the preparation is ready. The malai seekh kebab is best when served with Harissa or with Rumali Rotis. The recipe was shared by Chef Vineet Bhatia in Twist of Taste. Generally goat meat is used for the preparation of Malai Seekh Kebab, though one can use the meat one likes the most.
Recipe – Malai Seekh Kebab
30 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking
- 500 grams Minced goat meat
- 1 Onion
- 2 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon Red chilly powder
- 1 tablespoon Garam masala
- 1 tablespoon Black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon Aamchur powder
- 8-10 coriander strands
- 1 Egg
- 3 tablespoon butter
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Wash the minced meat thoroughly and let it strain for nearly half an hour.
- After 30 minutes pat dry the meat.
- Chop the onions and coriander leaves into tiny pieces.
- Grate the mozzarella cheese and keep aside.
- To the dry minced meat add chopped onion, coriander, turmeric, red chilly powder, black pepper powder, garam masala, aamchur powder, 2 tblsp butter and salt as per taste.
- Add one whole beaten egg to the minced meat and mix it well.
- Cover it and keep it in the refrigerator for 1 hour for marination.
- After 1 hour remove it from the refrigerator.
- Make medium sized balls of it. Apply some water on your hand and with the use of it roll each ball on the kebab stick or bamboo sticks in a shape of sausage.
- Meanwhile put the oven for preheating at 250 degree Celsius for 10-15 minutes.
- Put all the kebab sticks in oven for roasting.
- After every 5 minutes apply some butter on one side of the kebabs.
- Then roll them to another side and apply butter onto it.
- Roast the kebabs for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes remove it from the oven.
- Remove it from the sticks and place it aside and let it cool.
- When cooled, slit the kebab with the help of a knife at so that there is an opening at length to fill in the cheese.
- Fill in the cheese in the seekh kebab.
- Do not apply too much pressure, lest the kebab may break away. Keep it in the oven at 150 degrees centigrade for 10 minutes.
You are now ready to serve the hot Malai Seekh Kebab with Hareesa!!
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh