Jeera Tandoori Chicken – A must try lovely twist !!
The tandoori chicken is one of the best chicken starters and a pretty easy recipe to prepare. Most of the people who love tandoor recipes are bound to love tandoori chicken. Jeera Tandoori Chicken is a delicious flavor of tandoori chicken and is loved by most of the tandoori lovers. The dish is easy to prepare and is so soft, feels like the jeera tandoori chicken melting in your mouth. Enjoy the delicious recipe of jeera tandoori chicken.
Recipe – Jeera Tandoori Chicken
2 days for marination, 40 minutes for cooking
- 800 grams chicken
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 100 grams yogurt
- 5-6 flakes garlic
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon tandoori masala
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4-5 mint leaves
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red color
- Create gashes in the chicken slanting, the will help the spices to seep into the tandoori chicken and make it more juicy from inside.
- Take two table spoons of lemon juices and put it in the bowl of chicken pieces.
- Rub the chicken pieces with your hands so that the lemon juices fill in the gashes of the chicken.
- Leave the chicken pieces for 30 minutes and let it soak the lemon juice.
- Prepare the marinade now by mixing yogurt, finely chopped garlic, cumin seeds (jeera), tandoori masala, jeera powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, roughly torn mint leaves, salt and red color.
- Now put the marinade into the chicken and mix it well with your hands so that the spices get into the chicken gashes so that the tandoori chicken is soaked in the marinade properly.
- Leave the marinated chicken in the refrigerator for 2 days; yes, two days and trust me everything is fine.
- Preheat the oven at 250 degrees centigrade for nearly 30 minutes.
- Put oil on the tandoori grill. Place the chicken from the marinade bowl on the grill and roast the chicken at medium temperature of 180 – 200 degrees centigrade for nearly 20 – 25 minutes.
- Now turn the chicken pieces and apply oil on it with a brush.
- Once the flesh starts leaving the bones, apply some lemon juice on the drumsticks and bake it for nearly 8-10 minutes more at 250 degrees centigrade till completely cooked.
- Now, serve it with thin slices of onion, green chutney and lemon wedges.
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh