Gobhi Manchurian – Yummy Indo Chinese dish
Gobhi Manchurian is a delicious and easy indo chinese recipe of cauliflower that is best when served with schezwan fried rice or with noodles. The recipe is pretty easy to make and is ready in a few minutes and children love the recipe the most. The dish has an unique taste and pretty easy to prepare too.
Recipe – Gobhi Manchurian
15 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking
- 10 medium size cauliflower florets
- 1 large onion
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 large capsicum
- 3 green chilies
- 1 large size tomato
- 3 pieces baby corn
- 2 strands spring onion
- 1 inch ginger cube
- 4-5 pieces garlic
- 5-6 black peppercorns
- Salt as per taste
- 100 grams Oil
- 1 tablespoon black soya sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 50 grams all purpose flour
- Break the medium size florets of cauliflower and saute it in luke warm water with salt for 5 minutes.
- Sieve it and let it cool. Cut cubes of capsicum, onions, tomato and baby corns.
- Slice the spring onions into small pieces. Slice the green chilies and ginger into thin threads.
- Prepare a batter of medium consistency with all purpose flour, ginger garlic paste, freshly crushed black peppercorns, salt and water.
- Put oil in a wok. Dip the cauliflower florets in the batter and then deep fry in the wok.
- Keep the fried florets on some tissue paper so that excess oil is removed.
- Now add 1 tablespoon of oil to a frying pan. Add the capsicum, onions, baby corns and toss them.
- Let it cook for 2 minutes. Toss again and add salt and ajinomoto to it. Toss and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the cauliflower florets and cook for another 1 minute. Add the tomatoes and toss.
- Add black soya sauce, vinegar, crushed garlic and ginger. Toss again and let it cook for 1 minute.
- Add water to it and slowly add little bit of batter left to give the recipe a consistency in the gravy. Let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Garnish it with spring onions and green chili strips and serve it hot with noodles or schezwan rice.
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh