Delicious and Tempting Desi Chicken
Desi Murgh is very simple and a delicious recipe. It is ready in a few minutes and is a yummy treat to the taste buds. Without much spices and efforts the dish spreads its aroma all enticing. Desi Murgh is best when served with chapati or rice. The chicken marinated and the fried in the spices gives the dish a yummy flavor. Enjoy the yummy Desi Murgh !!
Recipe – Desi Murgh
10 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking, 30 for marination
- 750 grams country chicken
- 3 medium size onions
- 4 medium size tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp white cumin seeds
- 2 green cardamom
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp whole red chili
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 bunch coriander
- 4 green chilies
- 4tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- 1 lemon
- Wash and cut chicken into medium pieces and marinate with little salt, turmeric, ginger garlic paste, garam masala, green cardamom and white cumin seeds keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Slice onions, soak red chilies in warm water and grind to a fine paste, minced the garlic finely keep aside. Chop coriander leaves green chilies, tomatoes and keep aside.
- Heat 4 tbsp oil in a wok fry onions when it becomes pink add minced garlic fry a little.
- Now take out in a plate in the same oil add chopped tomatoes and fry till it becomes soft and dry add the fried onions with garlic, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt and 1/2 lemon remove from fire and let it get cool and grind this mixture in a stone grinder to give a desi taste or you can grind it in a grinder too for a smooth fine paste, keep aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp desi ghee in a wok fry the marinated chicken for 10 minutes then add the prepared onion and tomato paste and stir for 10 minutes then add a glass of water and let it get cook on low heat for about 10-15 minutes to make the chicken soft and tender and let the chicken absorb all the masala completely.
- Lastly add chopped coriander leaves, green chilies and serve with chapati or rice.
You are now ready to serve the yummy and delicious Desi Murg with chapati or rice….!!
Recipe By: Mashaji Quraishi
Images By: Yogesh Singh