Punjabi Paneer on your plate !!
The delicious punjabi starter, “Amritsari paneer fingers” is a tempting paneer or cottage cheese recipe. I had this dish in Pind Baluchi in Gurgaon and loved it. Tried making it some twists to the original recipe and it turned out to be yummy. Hope you enjoy the delicious recipe of Amritsari Paneer fingers!!
Recipe – Amritsari Paneer Fingers
15 minutes for preparation, 25 minutes for cooking
- 250 grams cottage cheese (paneer)
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 7-8 tablespoon besan
- Oil for deep frying
- Mix ginger garlic paste, carom seeds (ajwain), turmeric powder, salt to taste, chili powder.
- Add some water to make it a fine paste.
- Do not leave the marinade too thick or thin lest it will not stick to the paneer pieces.
- Cut the paneer fingers nearly 1.5 inches long and 0.5 inch in thickness.
- Drop the paneer pieces in the marinade and take care that the paneer fingers are dipped well in the marinade, so that they are coated well with the mixture. Keep it in the refrigerator for 5-10 minutes.
- Add oil to deep fry in a wok on medium flame.
- Take out the marinated paneer fingers from the refrigerator and keep aside.
- Sprinkle besan on a dry board. Roll over the paneer fingers over the besan carefully and slowly so that the besan is coated to the paneer from all sides.
- Dip them in the wok and deep fry till golden brown in color.
- Remove the Amritsari Paneer Fingers on a tissue paper and let the excess oil drain out for 1-2 minutes.
You are now ready to serve hot Amritsari Paneer Fingers with onions and dhania chutney or tomato sauce.