Grilling has been one of the oldest techniques of cooking – The Primitive World !!
The tandoori chicken is one of the best chicken starters and a pretty easy recipe to prepare. Most of the people who love tandoor recipes are bound to love tandoori chicken. The recipe was founded in Peshawar by Mr. Kundan Lal Gujral who then had a small restaurant Moti Mahal, which is now one of the big chain of restaurants in India now. Tandoori Chicken recipe is a simple recipe to try and results in an exotic dish worth the efforts put to prepare it!!
Recipe – Tandoori Chicken
20 minutes preparation, 10 hours for marination, 40 minutes for cooking
- 800 grams Chicken
- 2 cup well beaten yogurt
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 egg
- 3 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoon chicken tandoori masala
- Salt as per taste
- 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 pinch red color
- Create gashes in the chicken drumsticks slanting, the will help the spices to seep into the tandoori chicken and make it more juicy from inside.
- Take two table spoons of lemon juices and put it in the bowl of chicken pieces.
- Rub the chicken pieces with your hands so that the lemon juices fill in the gashes of the chicken.
- Leave the chicken pieces for 30 minutes and let it soak the lemon juice.
- Prepare the marinade now by mixing yogurt, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, green chilies, tandoori masala, red color, egg and salt.
- Now put the marinade into the chicken and mix it well with your hands so that the spices get into the chicken gashes so that the tandoori chicken is soaked in the marinade properly.
- Leave the marinated chicken in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours, better if left overnight.
- Preheat the oven at 250 degrees centigrade for nearly 30 minutes.
- Put oil on the tandoori grill. Place the chicken from the bowl on the grill and roast the chicken drumsticks at medium temperature of 180 – 200 degrees centigrade for nearly 20 – 30 minutes.
- Now turn the chicken pieces and apply oil on it with a brush. Once the flesh starts leaving the bones, apply some lemon juice on the drumsticks and bake it for nearly 10-15 more minutes at 250 degrees centigrade till completely cooked. Now, serve it with thin slices of onion, green chutney and lemon wedges.
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh