The healthier part of chicken which is good for growing children…
Tandoori Chicken Liver is a dish which has been coming down from ages in most of the villages of India. There are a number of ways chicken liver is cooked in different parts of India, however; I picked up the simplest one. I have added a little to it to give it the flavors of tandoor when we cook it on a gas in the cities where we really can not get the flavors of the Tandoori Chicken Liver as in the villages. The dish is very easy to prepare and is healthy for growing kids. Hope you enjoy the recipe !!
Recipe – Tandoori Chicken Liver
15 minutes for marination, 15 minutes for cooking
- 4 chicken liver pieces
- 3 tablespoon lime juice
- Salt to taste
- 1 inch coal piece
- 2-3 cloves
- 2 teaspoon ghee
- Wash the chicken liver properly and marinade it in lime juice and salt for 15 minutes.
- Keep the coal piece on gas flame and let it turn red in color.
- Pierce the chicken livers in skewers and cook them on low gas flame for nearly 10-12 minutes or until cooked.
- Once done remove them from the skewers and keep it in a plate. Now keep the burning red coal in a cup and keep 2-3 cloves on it.
- Add ghee on the burning coal. Smoke will immediately start emitting from the setup.
- Cover the smoke with the chicken liver pieces until the smoke settles.
- This will give a good flavor to the chicken liver and will also suppress the smell of the chicken cooked over fire.
- Once the smoke settles down, sprinkle lemon juice, salt and some chat masala over the liver pieces.
You are now ready to serve the tandoori chicken liver pieces hot with lime slices and red chili garlic chutney.
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh