An entirely different flavor of Bhindi !!
Tamatar Bhindi is very easy and quick recipe. Its very common and easy that anybody can cook. Within few minutes it gets ready and also its healthy too. The tangy flavors of the tomatoes with the yummy okra gives the taste buds an unique treat. The delicious dish is loved by kids You can serve this yummy dish for tiffins too. Enjoy your yummy tamatar bhindi.
Recipe – Tamatar Bhindi
10 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 250 grams lady finger
- 100 grams tomatoes
- 100 grams onions
- 1 bunch coriander
- 4 green chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp tamarind pulp
- Salt to taste
- Wash the lady finger slit and cut into cubes.
- Slice the onions. Chop the coriander and green chilies.
- Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker fry onions till light pink in color.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric, red chili powder, and salt fry a little for 5 minutes and add 1 glass of water and cook on high heat till 4-5 whistle.
- Then open the lid add chopped tomatoes and stir for 5 minutes to soften the onions and tomatoes.
- Add chopped lady finger, tamarind pulp, green chilies, coriander leaves, coriander powder and little water and stir for another 5-6 minutes on low heat.
- Once the lady finger get soft and tender remove from fire and serve with chapati or rice.
You are now ready to serve the yummy and tasty Tamatar Bhindi with roti and rice!!
Recipe By: Mashaji Quraishi
Image By: Vinita Singh