Flavors to the blant is possible !!
Tadka Khichdi is a yummy flavor twist to Khichdi. Khichdi is a common, most easy to prepare dish in most of the North Indian states. However, a small twist to the khichdi with the burnt garlic gives the khichdi an awesome flavor. The delicious dish is ready in a few minutes and is loved but all. It is best to to serve the tadka khichdi with herbal layered omelette.
Recipe – Tadka Khichdi
15 minutes for preparation, 1 hour waiting time, 25 minutes for cooking
- 1 cup moong dal
- 2 cup rice
- 1 cup green peas
- 1 potato
- 5-6 florets cauliflower
- 1 carrot
- 2 tomatoes
- 5-6 garlic flakes
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 2 red chilies
- Soak the moong dal with peel for nearly an hour. Rub it to remove the skin and wash it all.
- Soak rice for 10 minutes. Chop the potato, cauliflower, carrot, 1 1/2 tomatoes roughly. Peel the green peas and keep aside. Chop the garlic into small pieces and keep aside.
- Chop the remaining half of the tomato into small pieces
- Add oil to a cooker and let it heat.
- Add the vegetables except the tomatoes and saute them for 2-3 minutes.
- When done, add the tomatoes and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- When the tomatoes turn soft, add the dal and rice, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Now add the rice and then salt, turmeric powder and a little garam masala.
- Add water and let cook until nearly 90 percent done. Close the lid of the pressure cooker and give it a whistle.
- Let the pressure be released from the cooker and open it up.
- To a spool add ghee and let heat.
- Add the red chilies and the chopped garlic and let cook at low-medium flame until brownish red in color.
- Add the chopped tomatoes. Let cook until soft.
- Mix it well in the cooked khichdi.
You are now ready to serve the hot and yummy tadka khichdi with the herbal layered omelette.