One of the best kebabs ever !!
I had the shami kebab for the first time at Tunde Kebabs in Lucknow. I have been a big fan of the shami kebabs since then. Just a bite of rumali roti with the shami kebabs take you to heavens.. The delicious dish is very easy to prepare and is ready in a few minutes. Enjoy the yummy shami kebab.
Recipe – Shami Kebab
40 minutes for preparation, 20 minutes for cooking
- 250 grams mince meat
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tbsp besan
- 1 tsp kasoori methi
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 pinch clove powder
- Wash the mince in a strainer and press well to drain out the water well through the strainer.
- Except egg, besan, kasoori methi, mint and coriander, add all ingredients to the mince. Mix well.
- Add ghee to a pan and let heat. Now add the mixed ingredients well, and cook until nearly 60 percent done.
- Grind mince in a mixer without adding any water till smooth. Knead the mixture well when cool.
- Mix egg, besan, kasoori methi, mint and coriander.
- Take a ball of the mixture, shape into a ball and flatten it to give a shape of a kebab/dish with oiled hands.
- Grill for 20 minutes on the rack. In-between after 10 minutes, overturn the kebabs and pour 1 teaspoon oil on each kebab and grill for another 10 minutes.
Serve hot with hari chutney and rumali rotis.
Recipes By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh