Aubergines are a boon to this earth.. !!
Schezwan Aubergine Mix was an invention inspired by the Turkish Cooking. Chopping the vegetables roughly and then cooking them on a high flame with the end flavors of coconut and roasted peanuts; gives a yummy flavor to the curry. Best when served with hot and fresh bread or plain rice. The twist was with the schezwan sauce and cooked with grated coconut and peanuts.
Recipe – Schezwan Aubergine Mix
15 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 2 green thin aubergines
- 2 potatoes
- 3 – 4 cauliflower medium flowers
- 2 tbsp schezwan sauce
- 3 tbsp grated coconut
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Chop the aubergines roughly of 1 inch size. Quarter the potatoes with their skin. Clean the cauliflower flowers.
- To a wok add oil and let heat on high flame. Add the potatoes and cauliflower and let saute for 1 minutes. Toss them.
- Add the aubergine pieces and mix well.
- Add the schezwan sauce and mix.
- Add the grated coconut and let cook for 1-2 minutes on medium flame. Add little water and cover the dish. Let it cook.
- Add salt to taste.
- When done, add the roasted peanuts and mix.
You are now ready to serve the yummy Schezwan Aubergine Mix with fresh hot bread or plain rice.