Healthiest extracted from the fresh raddish greens!!
Had been pushed by my mom since childhood for the dish; and have always hated the bitterness of the dish. Never ever tried this recipe until thought of making it today. But, finally had an idea before I could try it out so that my kid could savor it at least. Obviously the dish had to cut the bitterness of the leaves for the kids to eat and finally happy.. they liked it..
Recipe – Raddish Greens
Serves – 4
20 minutes for preparation, 20 minutes for cooking
- 300 grams raddish greens
- 1 raddish
- 2 tomatoes
- 7-8 garlic flakes
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp aamchoor powder
- 2 tsp garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- Chop the raddish greens into small pieces.
- Chop the raddish and tomatoes separately into small pieces.
- Peel the garlic flakes and chop them in tiny pieces.
- In a wok add oil and let heat.
- Add the asafoetida to the wok and let cook for a few seconds.
- Now, add the fennel seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook on low flame now till the garlic pieces turn brownish in color.
- Now, add the tomatoes and increase the flame. Cook till the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the chopped raddish green and the chopped raddish.
- Cover the wok with the lid and let cook on low flame until nearly cooked while stirring.
- Add the aamchoor powder, garam masala and salt to taste. Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
You are now ready to serve the hot and yummy raddish greens with chappatis !!