The dish rocks just as the punjabis !! 🙂
Punjabi Chicken Curry is a yummy dish ready in a few minutes. The punjabi chicken curry is an easy dinner recipe and is loved by all. The yummy dish is best when served with Tandoori Rotis. The delicious recipe by Nita Mehta, which I had at my friends home. The punjabi chicken curry is prepared by marinating the chicken and then cooking it with the spices. The dish is ready in a few minutes and is just yumm.
Recipe – Punjabi Chicken Curry
15 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for marination, 15 minutes for cooking
- 500 gram chicken
- 3/4 cup curd
- 3 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp coriander
- 3 onions
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 cloves(laung)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 green cardamom
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 degi mirch
- 1 tbsp oil
- Chop the coriander leaves finely and keep aside.
- Marinate chicken with curd, ginger garlic paste, red chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and chopped coriander.
- Keep aside for 1/2 hour.
- Prepare a paste of onions, tomatoes, cloves, 1 tsp salt, black cardamom seeds, green cardamom, coriander powder, garam masala and degi mirch.
- Add oil to a pan and let it heat. Add the prepared paste to the pan and mix well.
- Let cook for another 7-8 minutes on low-medium heat.
- Add the marinated chicken and mix well. Let cook for another 10 minutes mixing well on low flame.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and cook until the chicken is done.
- Add salt to taste and sprinkle the garam masala and mix well.
- Let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
You are now ready to serve the hot and yummy Punjabi Chicken Curry with hot tandoori rotis.
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh