Crunchy Potatoes with Fruits
Potato Salad is a yummy, delicious and a healthy dish. The yummy flavors with the crunchy potatoes melt in the mouth so well. The successful experiment was worth a try. Deep frying the baby potatoes with their skin and then mixing it with herbs, olive oil, yogurt and mayonnaise and the fresh fruits makes the dish an unique one. Enjoy the yummy and delicious Potato Salad.
Recipe – Potato Salad
20 minutes for preparation
- 16 baby potatoes
- 2 kiwis
- 1 pomegranate
- 2-3 garlic flakes
- 5-6 black peppercorns
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt
- 1/2 teaspoon salad seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth for nearly 15 minutes.
- Slice a few pieces of kiwi. Chop the remaining kiwis into small pieces.
- Peel the pomegranate and separate the kernels and keep them aside.
- Peel the garlic flakes and crush them.
- Crush the black peppercorns and keep aside.
- Now using a fork pierce holes in the baby potatoes and then deep fry them. Remove them on a tissue paper and slightly press them with a towel so that the potatoes are pressed a bit. Now put them back in the deep fryer and fry it again until crunchy.
- In a bowl mix the hung yogurt, mayonnaise, crushed garlic, chopped kiwi pieces, fresh pomegranate kernels, oregano, thyme, rosemary, olive oil, red chili flakes, crushed black peppercorns, black salt, salt to taste, salad seasoning.
- Now, its time to serve the yummy, healthy and crunchy Potato Salad. Place the kiwi slices on the plate.
- Dip the fried potatoes in the sauce prepared and mix it well.
- Place the dipped potato over the kiwi slices and then the sauce over the potato. Garnish it with few fresh pomegranate kernels.
You are now ready to serve the yummy Potato Salad.
Please note, in case you do not wish to deep fry the potatoes; you can grill them the same way and make it even more healthier.