Yummy Potato Fry Konkani Flavors !!
Potato Coconut Fry is a delicious and easy recipe, with a blend of South Indian taste to the dish. The dish was a successful experiment with the potatoes which give it a crunchy flavor with fried coconut and slight sour blend of the lemons. Easy to cook within a few minutes, helps as an instant recipe that can be even cooked when you have very less time to serve food. Hope you enjoy this dish too !!
Recipe – Potato Coconut Fry
15 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 3 large size potatoes
- 100 grams coconut
- 7-8 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon small red mustard – rai
- 1 tablespoon saunf (fennel seeds)
- 2 pieces green chilies
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt as per taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- Boil the potatoes and let them cool.
- Once cooled, cut them into 1 inch pieces.
- Grate the coconut.
- Slice the green chilies and coriander leaves into tiny pieces.
- Put ghee in the frying pan and let it heat.
- Add rai (small mustard seeds, in case rai is not present you can also use the mustard seeds) , saunf (fennel seeds), curry leaves.
- When they start spluttering add the potato pieces to it.
- Toss the potatoes. Cook and toss them at intervals until the potatoes start turning reddish.
- Now add the grated coconut to the pan and reduce the heat of the flame.
- Toss well, this will stick the grated coconut to the potato pieces.
- Add the sliced green chilies, coriander leaves and garam masala and toss again. Let cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add salt, sugar and then toss well; and let it cook for another 1 minute.
- Now add lemon juice of 1/2 lemon and toss well. Let it cook for another 2 minutes.
You are now ready to serve Potato Coconut Fry garnished by coriander leaves with Dhaba Dal Tadka and Tandoori Roti.