Flavors of capsicum at its best !!
The delicacy is one of the best flavors of capsicum that you can taste. The flavors of Maharashtra with the blend of peanuts makes the delicacy just yummy. Being roaming around in the beautiful cities of Maharashtra, have learnt a few recipes; one of them being the Peanut Capsicum which you should try for sure.
Recipe – Peanut Capsicum
15 minutes for preparation, 20 minutes for cooking
- 6 capsicum
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 2 1/2 tbsp coarsely ground roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp rai seeds
- 1/2 inch ginger cube
- 4-5 flakes garlic
- 1 tsp dhania (coriander) powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp haldi (turmeric) powder
- 1 tsp mirch (red chili) powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil for cooking
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Chop the capsicum into small cubes.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Chop the tomato into small pieces.
- Make a fresh paste of ginger and garlic.
- To a pan add oil and let heat. Add the cumin and rai seeds and let them splutter.
- Now add the chopped onions and let them cook. Once starting to be reddish, add the ginger garlic paste prepared. Cook for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add the dhaniya powder, garam masala powder, haldi powder, mirch powder, salt and mix well. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook until done.
- Now add the capsicum and cook it covered. Let the capsicum get nearly 80 percent cooked.
- Add the coarsely ground peanuts. Mix well. Let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
You are now ready to serve the yummy peanut capsicum with hot chapattis.