The healthy stuff but yummy too !!
Papaya Methi Fry is a delicious dish of raw papayas with kasuri methi. The delicious and easy to prepare papaya methi fry takes only a few minutes to prepare and is best when served with Dhaba Dal Tadka and Jeera Rice. Papaya and Methi both have great properties good for the stomach. The dish was a successful experiment and is a yummy treat to the taste buds. The dish is simple and yummy.
Recipe – Papaya Methi Fry
15 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking
- 1 small raw papaya
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- 3-4 garlic flakes
- 1 green chili
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 red chilies
- 1 tablespoon kasuri methi
- 2 teaspoon ghee
- Cut the papaya into small cubes.
- Soak the poppy seeds in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Make a paste of onion, garlic and green chilies.
- Chop the tomato and coriander leaves into small pieces and keep aside.
- To a cooker add oil and let heat.
- Add cumin seeds and let them splutter.
- Add the prepared paste and saute at low flame for 5-6 minutes or until translucent in color.
- Add the papaya pieces to the cooker and saute for a few minutes.
- Now add salt and coriander powder to the cooker. Cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Now, add the poppy seeds, tomatoes and coriander leaves.
- Add half glass of water and close te lid of the pressure cooker to let the papaya cook for 2-3 whistles.
- When done, let cool the pressure cooker and pressure released by self.
- To a pan add ghee and let heat. Add red chilies and let them saute.
- When saute, add the papaya prepared in the cooker to the pan.
- Cook until all the water evaporates.
- Further, add the kasturi methi to the pan and mix well.
- Cook for another 1-2 minutes on high flame.
Recipe By: Priya Chepte
Image By: Priya Chepte