Yummy Paneer Delicacy
Paneer Kurchan is a famous Punjabi dish, yummy, nutritious and pretty easy to prepare too. Why go for easy junk foods when we can have such easy and quick Indian dishes ready to eat. I can bet that this dish can challenge any of the junk foods most of the people have these days. Don’t believe me. Have a look at this and give it a try!!
Recipe – Paneer Kurchan
15 minutes for preparation, 10 minutes for cooking
- 200 grams cottage cheese (paneer)
- 1 large size onion
- 1 inch ginger cube
- 1 large size carrot
- 1 large size capsicum
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper
- 1 large size tomato
- 2-3 green chilies
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 5-6 black peppercorns
- Salt as per taste
- Cut the carrot, capsicum, bell peppers, onions into fingers.
- Cut the tomato into half. Deseed the tomato. Cut the tomato into fingers.
- Split the green chilies and deseed them. Cut them in fine threads.
- Cut the cottage cheese into fingers.
- To a non-stick frying pan add oil. Once the oil is warm, add cumin seeds.
- Add the carrot fingers to it and let it cook for 2-3 minutes. Toss them well.
- Add capsicum, bell peppers and onions. Toss them well.
- Now add the cottage cheese to the dish.
- Try avoiding mixing all the stuff with a spatula as this might break the cheese pieces. Toss them well.
- Now add the tomatoes and toss again and cook the whole dish for 5-6 minutes.
- Put salt and crushed black peppercorns. Toss again and cook for another 1 minute.
- Spread the chili treads on the dish.
You are now ready to serve the paneer kurchan with dhaba tadka dal and tandoori roti.
Recipe By: Priya Chepte
Image By: Priya Chepte