A twist by Chef Vineet Bhatia
The okra potato recipe is a delicious recipe of okra and potatoes, best when served with curd rice. The recipe was aired on Fox History in Twist with Taste by Chef Vineet Bhatia. The recipe has its own mild flavors and soothing to the taste buds. Hope you enjoy the delicious okra potato recipe too.
Recipe – Okra Potato
15 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 300 grams okra
- 2 large size potatoes
- 1 inch ginger cube
- 3-4 garlic flakes
- 1 green chili
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoon oil
- Slice the okra into halves. Fry them and keep aside.
- Boil the potatoes with garam masala. Now peel the potatoes and cut cubes from the potatoes and keep aside. You can alternately cut cubes of the raw potatoes and deep fry them as well.
- Chop ginger, garlic, green chilies into small pieces.
- Add oil to a pan and let it heat. Add mustard seeds to the pan and let them splutter.
- Add the chopped garlic, ginger and green chilies to the pan and saute for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- Add curry leaves and saute for next one more minute.
- Now add the potatoes (either boiled or deep fried, depending on your choice) and the fried okra.
- Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Serve okra potato hot with curd rice.
Okra Potato has its unique mild flavors and is best when served with curd rice. The recipe has an unique flavor of spices, which is mild since being used when boiled. However, for serving okra potato with curd rice, the recipe here suits the best match. Hope you enjoy the delicious and easy recipe of Okra Potato!!