The nuts and aubergine are just yumm !!
There are most of the times, when you are tied up with least ingredients at home and you want to have something real yumm. This dish was created under such circumstances and it turned out to be real yummy. The nutty flavors with the aubergine give us a real crunchy flavors, best when served with tandoori rotis.
Recipe – Nutty Baigan Bharta
25 minutes for preparation
- 1 green aubergine (baigan)
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 10-11 flakes of garlic
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/3 rd cup peanuts
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut powder
- 2 tsp mustard oil
- Make cuts in the aubergine (baigan) and insert a few garlic flakes with their in the skins in the aubergine cuts.
- Brush the aubergine with oil and sprinkle salt and red chili powder on it.
- Roast the peanuts and sesame seeds separately and let them cool.
- Chop the onions and garlic in to small pieces.
- Crush them coarsely and set aside.
- Now place the aubergine on the flame and roast it.
- Once done, roast the tomatoes too.
- Peel the skin off the roasted aubergine and tomatoes.
- Mix the roasted aubergine, tomatoes, chopped onions, chopped garlic, crushed peanuts, white sesame seeds, and the coconut powder together.
You are now ready to serve the yummy nutty baigan bharta with tandoori rotis.