An unique blend of lemon and pie !!
Lemon Pear Pie is a yummy dessert and is one of the best desserts to be served during festive seasons. Though the lemon pear pie requires some effort to be made, but the flavors of the dish are worth the effort. The crunchy pies with the flavorful juices of lemon and pear poured on them, give the taste buds an unique flavor. Enjoy the yummy and awesome lemon pear pie.
Recipe – Lemon Pear Pie
20 minutes for preparation, 20 minutes for baking, 10 minutes for cooking
- 1 pear
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 cup semolina
- 11/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp raisins
- 1 tbsp almonds
- 1 tbsp pistachios
- 1 tbsp melon seeds
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 – 3 tablespoon coke
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 100 grams butter
- A pinch salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp tooty-fruity
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 drops lemon yellow colour
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree centigrade. Grease the baking trays.
- Chop the almonds and raisins and keep aside.
- Cut the pear into small cubes.
- Soak semolina in milk and keep aside for sometime.
- Combine all purpose flour, salt and baking powder together sieve them together, so that they are mixed well.
- Melt 80 grams butter and add icing sugar to it and whisk it well.
- Now add soaked semolina and flour to the butter icing sugar mix.
- Beat again with a whisk continuously for 5-6 minutes till it mixes well. Lastly add coke, vanilla essence and whisk again till the mixture becomes soft.
- Now add raisins and almonds mix slowly with a spatula.
- Divide the dough into small pieces grease your hands give the shapes like regular cookies and arrange them two inch apart on the greased tray.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minute at 180 degree centigrade or until brown in color and crispy. Keep aside and let it cool.
- In a pan heat 1 tsp butter and add the pear cubes. Stir for 3-4 minutes. Once the pear softens, add the sugar, lemon rinds, melon seeds, vanilla essence, lemon yellow color and honey. Cook for another 2-3 minutes now add tooty-fruity to it and remove from fire.
- Take a serving plate and place the cookies in a pattern you love to serve. Now pour the lemon pear mix over the placed pies and decorate with pistachios.
You are now ready to serve the juicy and crispy Lemon Pear Pie !!