Though thorny but am still sexy !!
The monsoons are about to end, the recipe came up late.. but you can still find the healthy and yummy kankoda around in a few shops. The delicacy turns out to be little bitter, the quality of the the kankoda.. but it turns out to be real yummy with the peanuts. The dish is best when served with hot chapattis…
Recipe – Kankoda Peanut Fry
15 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking
- 250 grams kankoda
- 2 onions
- 1 tbsp lasan chutney
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- Slice the kankoda into thin slices.
- Slice the onions into thin slices.
- In a wok add oil and let it heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add the onions and cook until the onions turn brownish in color.
- Now add the konkada slices and cook on high flame. Once nearly cooked 70-80 percent, add the garam masala, coriander powder and lasan chutney. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt to taste and the roasted peanuts and mix well.
- Cook for another 5-6 minutes until cooked.
You are now ready to serve the crispy and yummy kankoda peanut fry with hot chapattis…