Something healthy for the breakfast !!
Kanda Poha is a delicious recipe of Maharashtra and is served mostly in breakfasts. Kanda is a marathi word, which means onions, so the recipe is dominated by onion in kanda poha recipe. The recipe was tried from a show “Twist with Taste” by Chef Vineet Bhatia and turned out to be really awesome, with pretty less efforts. The kids even love the recipe and am sure my friends out there will love it too.
Recipe – Kanda Poha
10 minutes for preparation, 10 minutes for cooking
- 2 cup poha
- 1 large onion
- 1 green chili
- 1/2 inch ginger cube
- 1 tablespoon chana dal
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 5-6 curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dip poha in water for 2 minutes.
- Slice green chilies, ginger into small pieces.
- Slice the onions into thin slices.
- Roast the chana dal and let it cool.
- In a non-stick pan add oil and let heat.
- Add the mustard seeds and let the splutter.
- Add onion, green chilies, ginger and curry leaves and cook till onion is pinkish in color on low-medium flame.
- Add the roasted chana dal and little turmeric powder.
- Now add poha, salt and lemon juice and mix well for 1 minute.
You are now ready to serve hot Kanda Poha.