The widely used spice of North Indian states !!
Kalonji Masala is a delicious combination of a few spices roasted and crushed. The spice can be used in a number of dry vegetables recipes to give it a unique taste. The recipe has been picked from the villages of Uttar Pradesh and Bihar in India. I bet you will love using the spice with some of the dry vegetable recipes.
Recipe – Kalonji Masala
10 minutes for preparation
- 2 tablespoon Fennel Seeds (saunf)
- 1 tablespoon Carom Seeds (ajwain)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds (sarso)
- 2 tablespoon Onion Seeds (mangrail)
- 2 tablespoon aamchoor
- Roast saunf, ajwain, sarso and mangrail on a hot frying pan or in an oven till you start smelling the aroma.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Crush it and mix aamchoor.
You are now ready to use the kalonji masala.