Cashews in any form are a blessing on earth !!
Kaju ki Sabzi is a delicious dish, very easy to prepare. The easy recipe is ready in a few minutes. Kaju ki sabzi is best when served with hot chapattis. The yummy dish was tried at a friend’s place and had a longing to make it at home. Finally one fine day the dream comes up true to get the flavors back to the taste buds.
Recipe – Kaju ki Sabzi
5 minutes for preparation, 25 minutes for cooking
- 100 grams cashew nuts
- 1 large onion
- 3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oil
- Chop the cashew nuts roughly and keep aside. Make a fine paste of the onions.
- To a pan add oil and let heat.
- Add the onion paste and let cook for 8-10 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Once the onions paste starts turning reddish, add the garam masala, turmeric powder, salt, coriander powder, red chili powder and mix well. Cook for further 6-7 minutes.
- When the mixture starts leaving oil, add the chopped cashew nuts (kaju) and mix well.
- Let cook for another 3-4 minutes. Now add 2 cups milk and reduce the flame until the gravy dries up.
- Now add the remaining 1 cup milk and mix well.
- Keep stirring and cook until the milk dries. Cook for further 5-6 minutes.
You are now ready to serve the hot and yummy Kaju ki Sabzi with Tandoori Rotis.