Cumins go yummly aromatic with rice !!
Jeera Rice is a delicious and easy to prepare Pulao with cumin seeds. The flavors of cumin with rice taste awesome. The dish can be served with a number of Indian curries and is best when served with Gatta Curry. The delicious dish has been given a twist by me and it tasted yummy. Do try the delicious Jeera Rice, I bet you will surely love this.
Recipe – Jeera Rice
30 minutes waiting time, 10 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp ghee (Clarified Butter)
- Soak the basmati rice in water for nearly 30 minutes.
- After the rice has been soaked, heat water in a pan till bubbling boil.
- Add salt and let it boil for 2 minutes.
- The moment you add rice to the bowl, the water will stop bubbling.
- Now let the water bubble again and you will see your rice is nearly getting cooked up.
- When the rice is nearly 90 percent done, sieve the rice from the pan.
- Chop the green coriander leaves and keep side.
- To a thin wok add ghee and let it melt. In case you do not want to use ghee, you can use oil as well.
- Rub the cumin seeds with your hands and add it to the pan and let them splutter.
- Now add the sieved rice to the wok and mix well lightly, in order not to mash up the rice grains.
- When nearly done, add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Let cook on high flame for a few seconds. Toss and let cook for sometime.