A twist to the Indian cuisine the American way !!
Inspired by the Fox Traveller show, Street Food; decided to do an Indian dish in American way. The delicacy turned out to be real awesome. One of the best part of the dishes is it is not spicy and uses no spices except cumin and loved by kids too. Enjoy the delicious dish.
Recipe – Egg Stuffed Lachcha Paratha
20 minutes for preparation, 20 minutes for cooking
- 3 boiled potatoes
- 4 boiled eggs
- 1 cup shred cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1 cucumber
- 2 onions
- 4 flakes garlic
- 4 lachcha paratha
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp barbecue sauce
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Grate the boiled potatoes and set aside.
- Peel the eggs and slice them into thin slices.
- Chop the carrot, cucumber and 1 onion into thin slices.
- Peel the garlic and chop them into tiny pieces. Chop the 2nd onion into tiny pieces.
- In a pan add oil and let heat. Add the chopped garlic. Once they start turning reddish, add the chopped onions and sprinkle little salt. Let them turn reddish in color.
- Add the grated boiled potatoes to the pan. Mix well and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the barbecue sauce the pan and mix well. Let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the potatoes from the pan and set aside.
- Now, in the pan add some oil and grill the eggs for 3-4 minutes on both sides.
- Now, chop the lachcha paratha into halves. And its time to finish the dish.
- Take the first half of the lachcha paratha, place the potatoes mixture, then the second layer with the sliced grilled eggs, the third layer with the cabbage, carrot, cucumber, onions and set aside.
- Put mayonnaise on the other half of the lachcha paratha. Place it over the first layered half.
You are now ready to serve the hot and yummy Egg Stuffed Lachcha Paratha.