Some of the best recipes from the highways of India !!
Dhaba Egg Curry is a delicious egg curry dish served in most of the road side dhabas of nothern India. Also, the curry is a bit spicy and tastes yummy when served with tandoori rotis or fried rice. The dish is easy to prepare and takes only a few minutes of preparation. Hope you enjoy the dish.
Recipe – Dhaba Egg Curry
15 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 onions
- 4-5 flakes garlic
- 1 inch ginger cube
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tomato
- 2-3 red chilies
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 black cardamom
- 3 green cardamom
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3-4 cloves
- 1/2 nutmeg (jaiphal)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon meat masala
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup water
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Slice the onions into thin slices.
- Peel garlic and ginger.
- Make a rough paste of ginger, garlic and green chilies.
- Finely chop the tomato.
- Roast the black cardamom, green cardamom, cinnamon, clove, nutmeg (jaiphal), cumin (jeera) on a dry pan and let it cool. When cooled down, crush it slightly.
- Make thin cuts, not too deep on the white part of the boiled eggs.
- Keep the wok on medium flame and add oil to it. Let it heat.
- Add the boiled eggs to the oil and let it fry until brownish in color and a consistent color is achieved.
- Remove the eggs from the wok and keep aside on a tissue paper for excess oil to be absorbed.
- Now, reduce the oil in the wok till nearly 1 tablespoon oil is left.
- Add red chilies, bay leaf and saute for 1-2 minutes on low flame.
- Add the sliced onions and cook till brownish in color. Add the ginger, garlic and chili paste.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes on low flame.
- Add chopped tomato to the wok and cook until the tomato is properly cooked.
- Now add the ground spices and cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- The mixture will start oozing little oil. Add coriander powder, meat masala and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add water for the consistency of gravy required. Add salt to taste and cook until the mixture boils.
- Add fried eggs to it and let boil for another 4-5 minutes on low flame. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander.
You are now ready to serve dhaba egg curry with tandoori rotis or fried rice.
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh