Fish Fries have a number of variations.. My preference personally is sea food.. but fresh water fishes when fried are real yumm too !!
The Crispy Fish Fry is a yummy dish ready in a few minutes. The delicacy was loved by kids too apart from their parents. The recipe was aired by Chef Sanjeev Kapoor.. the icon of Indian food now.. A number of his recipes are tried and this is one of them tried and tested for all of us to try out !!
Recipe – Crispy Fish Fry
10 minutes for preparation, 10 minutes for cooking
- 300 grams long boneless fish
- 1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili sauce
- 3-4 ice cubes
- 1 egg
- 8-9 mint leaves
- 4-5 tablespoon soda
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups v egetable oil
- In a bowl add maida, salt, baking powder, red chili sauce, ice cubes, egg, chopped mint leaves, soda to prepare a batter.
- Add oil to a wok and let it heat.
- Dip the fish in batter and put it in the oil to deep fry.
- Cook on medium flame for 5-6 minutes.
- Once done, you are ready to serve crispy fish fry with red chili garlic chutney.
Recipe By: Priya Chepte
Image By: Priya Chepte