Chena Badi – The all new twist to Paneer Bhurji !!
Chena Badi is a lovely dish of cottage cheese prepared by Chef Vineet Bhatia. The dish was aired on Fox History in an episode of Twist with Taste. The recipe is awesome, an entirely new flavor to paneer bhurji. The crunchiness of the the badi or tilori, makes the paneer bhurji yummier. Delicacy is never a heritage, enjoy the yummy dish
Recipe – Chena Badi
15 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 4 flakes garlic
- 2 inch ginger cube
- 2 green chilies
- 1 tomato
- 2 onions
- 4 badi or 12-13 tilori
- 1/2 cup green coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Slice onion, garlic, ginger, chilies, coriander leaves (optional) and tomatoes into small pieces.
- Grate the chena (freshly prepared paneer at home).
- Heat pan. Add oil.
- Add cumin seeds, half of the sliced onions and let it turn reddish in color.
- Add garlic, half of the sliced ginger. Add green chilies, then sliced tomatoes.
- Add turmeric powder and red chili powder.
- Cook till the water dries.
- Add grated chena and cook well till the water dries. Remove from heat.
- For preparing badi mixture. Fry the badi or tilori in oil. I personally prefer tilori.
- Take out the badi/tilori on tissue papers so that excess oil is absorbed.
- Now crush the badi/tilori roughly. Add the remaining onions, remaining ginger, salt, chopped coriander leaves, red chili powder and lemon juice and mix well.
Add this mixture to the chena mixture or paneer bhurji just prepared. You are now ready to serve Chena Badi with baigan panchphoran, poi saag and crispy mathri.