A different version of the butter chicken !!
The delicious recipe of tomato gravy with chicken and butter, invented by Shri. Kundan Lal and called as Butter Chicken is one of the biggest hits of chicken recipes. The recipe made its stand throughout the chicken lovers. The tomato based gravy gives the chicken an entirely different flavor. However, added a small twist to the delicious recipe and loved it. Hope you enjoy the lovely recipe too !!
Recipe – Butter Chicken
15 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking
- 600 grams chicken
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 cup cream
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 4-5 fresh tomatoes
- 5-6 garlic flakes
- 1 inch ginger cube
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoon garam/meat masala
- 2 cups water
- It is preferable to take boneless chicken, though I prefer chicken with bones; so I picked up with bones for my Butter Chicken recipe.
- Chop the ginger and garlic into tiny pieces.
- Chop slices of onion.
- Make tomato puree of the fresh tomatoes.
- To the wok add oil and add butter to it and let it heat.
- Now add the chicken pieces, chopped ginger, chopped garlic, 1/2 cup fresh cream and saute till chicken is 80 percent done.
- Remove the chicken on a tissue paper and keep aside.
- Now to the remaining oil, add onion and saute till pinkish in color.
- Add lemon juice, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, chili powder, cumin powder, bay leaf and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree and cook for nearly 4-5 minutes.
- Add remaining cream and yogurt and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and black pepper and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now add the chicken pieces saute at the beginning to the sauce and cook for another 4-5 minutes, covered with a lid.
You are now ready to serve hot and yummy butter chicken with nan, tandoori roti, or jeera rice.