Not all rounds are zeros !!
Besan ke ladoo, a dish which nearly every home in India prepares some day. And it has no fixed specific recipe as such. However, besan, ghee and sugar is something common in nearly every recipe. All that matters is the taste that hits your taste buds and not the recipe. Hope you enjoy the blessings of my aunt mentioned below.
Recipe – Besan ke Ladoo
Servings: 35 ladoos
90 minutes for preparation
- 2 bowl besan
- 1 1/2 bowl sugar powder
- 1/2 bowl semolina (rava)
- 1/2 bowl wheat floor
- 1 bowl ghee
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- Roast the besan in ghee till it turns light brown. Add wheat floor in half roasted besan and again roast it well on low flame.
- Roast the rava till light brown in another pan. Keep that rava aside.
- Chop the dry fruits and set aside.
- Turn the gas off and add that roasted rava and sugar powder in the mixture and mix it well.
- Add the chopped dry fruits in the mixture and mix well.
- Take a fist full of the mixture and make round balls using both palms. Make the medium size ladoos and garnish with saffron and chopped dry fruits.