Healthy Burger that even kids love to savor !!
Beet Root Burger is a delicious and easy recipe of burger with the tikki of beet root. Beet, a vegetable; which none of us in the family liked. But, it was this dish that made us change the opinion about the vegetable. The recipe is a healthy and easy to prepare. The recipe was watched in one of the shows of Sanjeev Kapoor on Khana Khazana.
Recipe – Beet Root Burger
30 minutes for preparation
- 4 burger buns
- 2 medium size beet roots
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 2 medium size onions
- 1 tomato
- 1 cucumber
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 amla
- 4 tablespoon oil
- 1 green chili
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoon tomato sauce
- Boil the beet roots and let it cool.
- Grate the boiled beet roots.
- Slice 1 onion, green chilies into small pieces.
- Mash the boiled potatoes.
- Add oil to pan. Add onions and cook till reddish in color.
- Add green chilies, grated beet root and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled mashed potatoes and salt to taste and mix well.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Grate amla and add to the mixture. Cook for 1 more minute. Keep in the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
- Now apply oil on your palms and give the mixture shape of tikkis. Shallow fry on a non-stick pan.
- To prepare burger, slice onion, tomato and cucumber in round slices.
- Cut the burger breads in halves.
- Apply mayonnaise, and layer lettuce leaves, onion, tomato, cucumber and beet root tikki.
- Apply tomato sauce on the tikki. Cover with the other half of the bun.
You are now ready to serve beet root burger.
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh