Easy, tasty and just yummm !!
Spring Onion Chicken is very easy recipe for your dinner or lunch. It cooks instantly without much efforts and spices and its healthy too. The base of this dish is spring onion. The recipe is from VAH-REH-VAH by CHEF SANJAY THUMMA. The delicious spring onion chicken is best when served with tandoori rotis. Its worth a try.
Recipe – Spring Onion Chicken
15 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking
- 500 grams chicken
- 200 grams spring onions
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 11/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp dessicated coconut powder
- Salt to taste
- Wash and cut the chicken pieces and keep aside.
- Wash in running water the spring onions to remove the sand from the roots and cut the head of the onions and the springs leaves. Separate it and blend the onions in a mixer grinder to a smooth paste. And chop the springs leaves finely separately and keep aside.
- Chop the coriander leaves. Squeeze the lemon.
- Heat oil in a wok splutter cumin seeds just for 30 seconds and add dessicated coconut.
- Then immediately add the onions paste and saute for 2-3 minutes and add turmeric, ginger garlic paste and salt and fry till the water evaporates.
- Add red chili powder, coriander powder, then add the washed chicken pieces to this cover the lid and cook for 5-6 minutes on medium low heat.
- Now put the chopped spring leaves and cook again for 5 minutes and cover the lid again and low the heat for 4-5 minutes.
- Add coriander leaves, garam masala and lemon juice to it mix well you can see the chicken pieces hugged with spring onions and covered with all the masala paste it will gives you a nice and tempting taste garnish and serve hot.
You are now ready to serve the yummy and tasty Spring Onion Chicken along with yummy tandoori rotis!!
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh