You fall in love with the tomato flavors with the crispy Besan Sev !!
The delicious rajasthani spicy recipe of Sev Tomato is made up of juicy tomatoes and a crispy namkeen called sev made up of besan (gram flour). The quality of sev used should be the best, lest the flavors of Sev Tomato can be spoiled too. You can vary the spiciness of the recipe based on the flavors you need. The dish is very simple to prepare and a yummy treat to the taste buds. Hope you enjoy the delicious recipe !!
Recipe – Sev Tomato
10 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 100 grams sev namkeen
- 3-4 medium sized tomatoes
- 3-4 green chilies
- 9-10 coriander leaf strands
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- 2 cups water
- Slice the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Make the paste of green chilies.
- Chop coriander leaves into small pieces.
- Add oil to a wok and let heat. Add asafoetida and cumin seeds.
- Let the cumin seeds splutter. Add the chopped tomatoes, dhania (coriander powder), red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and green chili paste.
- Mix well and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, salt and sugar and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add water and let boil for 4-5 minutes by covering the pan.
- Add sev to it and mix slowly.
Garnish the Sev Tomato with coriander leaves. You are now ready to serve hot Sev Tomato with tandoori roti or jeera rice.
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh