Pluck the small leaves of Mustard Greens for best results.. Lest you might end up in a bitter dish.. !!
Sarson ka saag aur makke di roti, a famous and a delicious punjabi dish; is beyond words for explanation. The taste is simply yummy. Mustard Greens (sarson ka saag) has a lot of different recipes. However, I tried combining all the good parts and make a unique recipe of mustard greens; and it turned out to be even more yummy. Hope you love this recipe !!
Recipe – Sarson ka Saag
15 minutes for preparation, 20 minutes for cooking
- 200 grams green mustard leaves
- 1 large size onion
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 green chilies
- 2 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tablespoon jaggery
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- Remove the hard stems from the mustard leaves if any.
- Cut mustard leaves and boil it in water. Now, let it cool.
- Cut onion into small pieces. Cut green chili into medium pieces.
- Crush the garlic. Now grind the boiled mustard leaves.
- Put ghee in the frying pan and let it heat. Add onions to the pan and let it saute.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Add crushed garlic to it.
- Add gram flour (besan) to it and let it get cooked on low flame.
- Keep mixing lest the besan might get burnt.
- Add the crushed mustard leaves. Let it cook for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Cook it at low flame. Add garam masala, salt, jaggery and mix it. Let the jaggery melt.
- Once the jaggery has melted, mix well and add green chilies.
You are now ready to serve the Sarson ka Saag (Mustard Green) with butter and Makke ki Roti.
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh