Garlic Lovers beware… you are going to read the most addictive recipe !!
Rajasthan is a state which has contributed a lot to the Indian cuisine. Rajasthan in the past has been a state of great warrior and most of the food is inspired by the golden history of the state. Rajasthani Lehsuni Chutney is one of the spicy garlic chutney prepared in the state and is best when served with hot Dal-Bati or Bajra Litti.
Recipe – Rajasthani Lehsuni Chutney
10 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking
- 2 pods whole garlic
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon haldi powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Break the garlic pods and peel the garlic flakes.
- One of the easy ways to peel garlic is to soak the garlic flakes in water for 5-6 minutes and then peel off the skin.
- Rinse the garlic and pat dry with a towel.
- Put the dried garlic in a mortar and using a pestle make a fine paste.
- In case you do not have a mortar and pestle, chop the garlic as fine as you can.
- Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the garlic when chopping. This will help to make a fine paste of garlic.
- Add oil in a non-stick pan and let it heat. Add the cumin seeds to pan and let them crackle.
- Now add the powdered spices and stir. Let cook the spices for 1-2 minutes on low flame. Now, add some water to it to prevent the spices from burning. Cook until the oil oozes out from the spices and surfaces on the water.
- Add the garlic paste to the gravy and mix well on low flame. Keep stirring frequently lest the Rajasthani Lehsuni Chutney might get burnt.
- The smooth garlic paste will turn grainy in next 10-15 minutes. Let cook the chutney on mild heat for 20-25 minutes, taking care that the garlic does not burn at all.
Now, turn off the heat and let the Rajasthani Lehsuni Chutney cool down, Once the Rajathani Lehsuni Chutney is cooled store it an air tight container. You can store it in refrigerator for 2-3 weeks.
Serve the rajasthani lehsuni chutney anytime you need with hot Dal Bati or Bajra Litti.
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh