A flavor worth a try… The paneer goes pretty well with capsicum.. Try the twist !!
Paneer Capsicum is a delicious dish of paneer pieces cooked with capsicum cubes and poppy seeds The dish is a great treat to the taste buds and is best when served with Dhaba Dal Tadka and Tandoori Roti. The base recipe was provided by one of out friends, Maitreyee Saha. The recipe was modified a bit by me and both the ways the recipe tasted awesome. I used a bit of Kasuri Methi as well as a spoon of rum in the dish, though the rum is entirely optional. Hope you enjoy the delicious recipe of Paneer Capsicum!!
Recipe – Paneer Capsicum
10 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 250 grams paneer
- 1 capsicum
- 1 tomato
- 1 green chili
- 1 1/2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 teaspoon kasuri methi
- 1 teaspoon rum (Optional)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Cut the paneer into cubes and keep aside.
- Cut the capsicum and tomatoes into cubes of paneer size.
- Soak the poppy seeds for 30 minutes and then crush it coarsely.
- Add oil to a pan and let heat.
- Add the paneer cubes and saute and remove from the pan and keep aside. Do not fry them too much.
- To the heated oil in pan, add the capsicum cubes and toss well for a minute.
- Add the tomato cubes and a whole green chili.
- Mix well and let them saute for some time. Do not fry them too much.
- Add the ground poppy seeds.
- Add salt to taste, pinch of sugar and the saute paneer pieces.
- Toss well and let them cook for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Add kasuri methi and toss well and let cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 1 teaspoon of rum, this is entirely optional; this will cause a flame to rise on the pan and blow off by self.
You are now ready to serve the Paneer Capsicum hot with Dhaba Dal Tadka and Tandoori Rotis.
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh