A lovely combination, best when served with Dhaba Dal and Tandoori Rotis !!
Paneer Capsicum Rings is a delicious and easy recipe which has the capsicum rings with stuffing of Paneer. The Paneer Capsicum Rings is cooked and then baked and served with tomato sauce and curd raita. The unique taste of capsicum, cheese, sweet and sour tomato sauce, curd gives it an unique flavor. The recipe was inspired by Potato Stuffed Capsicum recipes. However, this dish tasted better to me than the other stuffed capsicum recipes.
Recipe – Paneer Capsicum Rings
30 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking
- 200 grams cottage cheese
- 3 large size capsicum
- 2 large size potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels
- 1 green chili
- 4 medium size tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon jaggery
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup hung yogurt
- Salt as per taste
- 5 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Boil the potatoes. Once done let it cool and peel off the potatoes.
- Hang the yogurt in a muslin cloth for 30 minutes.
- Cut green chilies in tiny pieces. Add green peas, sweet corn kernels, potatoes, cottage cheese, green chilies, cornflour and salt. Mix them well.
- Cut rings of capsicum about 1.5 centimeters thick. Cut the tomatoes into small pieces.
- Fill the capsicum rings with the mixture of cheese and potato in the rings.
- Add oil in the frying pan and let it heat. Place the filled capsicum rings and let it cook for some time.
- Now carefully turn the rings so that the other side gets cooked too.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees centigrade for 15 minutes.
- In the same frying pan add tomatoes and let it melt.
- Now add jaggery to it and mix them well. Let the jaggery melt in the pan and mix it well with the tomatoes. Remove the sauce from the flame.
- Place the capsicum rings on the baking tray.
- Add the tomato sauce on top of it.
- Place the capsicum rings in the oven and let it bake for 10 minutes.
- In the mean time, grate the cucumber. Add the cucumber to the hung curd.
- Add salt, cumin powder and red chili powder to it and mix well.
- After 10 minutes take out the capsicum rings from the oven and put the cucumber raita over the baked capsicum rings and serve hot.
Recipe By: Yogesh Singh
Image By: Yogesh Singh