Rose – The subtle and aromatic flavor !!
Gulab Rabri is a delicious sweet dish which is best when served with bread roshogollas. The dish is loved by children and even by people who love sweets. A mild sweet dish which gives the aroma and flavor of roses makes the dish awesome. The experiment was a great success when I saw my friends savor it to all whom I served it chilled. Hope you enjoy the recipe too!!
Recipe – Gulab Rabri
10 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking
- 200 ml milk
- 1 cup cream
- 10 phool makhana (lotus seeds)
- 7-8 red rose petals
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ghee/oil
- Slightly roast the phool makhana (lotus seeds) and let it cool.
- Crush the roasted makhane in a grinder.
- In a pan heat milk. When the steam starts leaving the surface of milk, add cream to it.
- Let it come to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Add sugar and let it simmer for 2 more minutes.
- Keep mixing the boiling solution so that you have a smooth consistency.
- Now add the crushed roasted makhane (lotus seeds) to the boiling mixture and mix well.
- On low heat let it simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- In a different pan add ghee and when warm add the red rose petals to the ghee and saute for 1-2 minutes on very low heat.
- Add the saute rose petals to the boiling solution and heat on low flame till a thick consistency is achieved.
Keep it in the refrigerator to cool for some time. Serve Gulab Rabri chilled with Bread Roshogollas and enjoy !!