Curd Rice – A twist by Chef Vineet Bhatia
The recipe of curd rice has n number of variations. However, the recipe mentioned below was aired in Fox History by Chef Vineet Bhatia. The dish is a south indian flavor and is given lot of importance. The dish is even served to god as bhog as well at a number of places in southern India. Hope you enjoy the delicious recipe of curd rice with okra potato.
Recipe – Curd Rice
15 minutes for preparation
- 2 cups boiled rice
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon urad dal
- 1 tablespoon chana dal
- Pinch of methi seeds
- 2 teaspoon red chili powder
- 4-5 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Boil rice and let it cool.
- Mix the cooled boiled rice with yogurt and keep aside.
- Add oil to a pan and let heat.
- Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- When spluttering add urad dal, chana dal, methi seeds, red chili powder, curry leaves and saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Place the tadka prepared in curd rice and mix well.
- Add salt and red chili powder and mix well.
You are now ready to serve curd rice with okra potato.