Crispy Corns – Bet you are going to love it !!
Corns itself is a blessing on earth. Mexico has gathered the maximum number of recipes made of corn. However, the recipe here was finally prepared after 3 failed attempts. And here is what we had the Barbeque Nation, one of the finest restaurant chains in India.
Recipe – Crispy Spicy Corn
15 minutes for preparation, 15 minutes for cooking
- 250 grams sweet corn
- 200 grams all purpose flour (maida)
- 1 glass cold water
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp chat masala
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder (optional)
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 onion
- 1 green chili
- Few strands of spring onions
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
- Oil to deep fry
- Chop the spring onion leaves, coriander leaves, onion, green chili into tiny pieces separately and set aside.
- Prepare a solution by mixing 2 tsp all purpose flour, salt and water.
- In a plate mix salt, all purpose flour and crushed black peppercorns and set aside.
- Now add sweet corn to the solution and sieve them with your hands and put it in the all purpose flour mixture.
- Pick up the kernels and slowly sieve them on your fingers. You will find the the kernels will be coated with the all purpose flour. Complete this exercise with all the kernels and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and add kernels to deep fry. Do not add all of them at one go, lest they might not get crispy. Add little amount of the kernels and take them out on a tissue paper to drain off excess oil. (Beware: The corn kernels when deep frying burst and can burn you… so cover them for a few seconds when frying)
- Now to a pan add 1 tsp oil, and put in the deep fried corn kernels in it. Add the chopped spring onion leaves, coriander leaves, onion, green chilies and toss.
- Check for the salt, if needed sprinkle salt to taste, red chili powder (optional) and chat masala. Toss again.
You are now ready to serve the hot and yummy crispy spicy corn kernels.