Haldighati – The name is enough !!
Chicken Haldighati is a delicious and very easy recipe of chicken. The dish requires things to be prepared all in the beginning. Cooking does not require too much skill for the dish. The recipe was tried from one of the recipe books of Nita Mehta. It is a very easy dish which anyone can try, and I bet will certainly love the delicious and easy rajasthani dish chicken haldighati.
Recipe – Chicken Haldighati
30 minutes for preparation, 30 minutes for cooking
- 500 grams chicken with bones
- 5 large size onions
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 cup yogurt
- 2 green chilies
- 1 inch ginger cube
- 6 strands of coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 8 black peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 3 green cardamom
- 1 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
- Salt as per taste
- Cut the onions into rings and keep aside.
- Make a paste of curd, green chilies, ginger, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, peppercorns, cloves, turmeric powder, garam masala, red chili powder and salt.
- Chop the coriander leaves into small pieces.
- Put oil in a wok and let it heat. Add onion rings to it and let it saute.
- Add the chicken pieces to it when the onion starts turning pinkish.
- Mix them well and cover it for 5 minutes at a medium flame. The chicken itself will secrete enough water to help you cook the whole recipe. Mix well.
- Add the ground wet paste to it when the chicken’s color starts turning whitish. Cover it and cook it on low – medium flame for nearly 10-15 minutes. Keep mixing in every 3-4 minutes.
- Add milk and cream. Mix well and let it cook for another 5-6 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and add lemon juice to it. Mix well and sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves on it.
You are now ready to serve the Chicken Haldighati with Tandoori Roti and onion rings.