You have to be a romantic to invest yourself, your money, and your time in cheese.
Hmmm.. so tired after whole days work.. the black screens they killed me today.. wanna have some thing easy to cook. Sipping tea on the chair watching rains outside, just came through my mind about broccoli going good with garlic. Wanted to make this a full meal so it need to be heavy, what about adding the cheese to it.. slurrppp..
So here it comes, the yummy garlic broccoli cheese layered with baby potatoes, a complete meal for you ready to serve with the Cheesy Potato Broccoli.
Recipe – Cheesy Potato Broccoli
Serves – 2
15 minutes for preparation, 10 minutes for cooking, 15 minutes for baking
- 1 medium broccoli floret
- 10-12 baby potatoes
- 7-8 garlic flakes
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt to taste
- 8-9 black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp grated gouda cheese
- Wash the baby potatoes well, then boil the baby potatoes with the skin.
- Break the florets into medium size. Blanch the broccoli florets and set aside.
- Peel the garlic and crush them coarsely and set aside.
- Crush black peppercorns and set aside.
- To a pan add olive oil and let heat. When hot, add the broccoli florets and toss.
- Add the crushed garlic and toss again. Add oregano, rosemary, thyme, salt to taste and crushed black pepper. Cook for 2 minutes and then remove off the flame.
- Slice the boiled potatoes with their skins into halves.
- In a oven tray, layer the potatoes; with the garlic broccoli just prepared, then the mozzarella cheese and on top the gouda cheese.
- Bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degrees centigrade for 10 – 15 minutes.
You are now ready to serve the hot and yummy Cheesy Potato Broccoli.