Banarsi Paneer Kebab – A delight for Paneer Lovers
Banarsi Paneer Kebab is a delicious and healthy vegetarian seekh kebab. The dish is easy to prepare and takes a few minutes to get ready. A delicious starter which is loved by kids even. The banarsi paneer kebab is a delicious blend of spinach, coconut and paneer. The dish is a yummy treat to the taste buds. I had this dish in Galgotia’s in Gurgaon and loved it. Here is the recipe unveiled for all paneer lovers. Hope you enjoy the delicious dish !!
Recipe – Banarsi Paneer Kebab
20 minutes for preparation, 20 minutes for baking
- 300 grams spinach leaves
- 2 tblsp cup dry coconut powder
- 200 grams paneer
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 2 tblsp all purpose flour (maida)
- 2 teaspoon oil
- It is better if you can use the small spinach leaves.
- But in case you don’t get the small leaves you can also use the big ones.
- Heat water in a pan until boiling and add some salt to it.
- Add the spinach leaves to it and let it blanch for 2 minutes.
- Now sieve the spinach leaves and wash it under cold water to avoid over cooking of the spinach leaves.
- Now squeeze out as much water as you can from the blanched spinach.
- The water in the spinach will make you use more all purpose flour and spoil the taste of the banarsi paneer kebab.
- Now chop the spinach leaves as fine as you can.
- Grate the paneer and keep aside.
- Now mix the chopped spinach leaves, grated paneer, dry coconut powder, cumin powder, cardamom powder, red chili powder, garam masala, and salt to taste.
- Once done, add all purpose flour to attain a thick consistency so that the rolls do not fall off from the seekh when put in oven.
- Leave the mixture for 5-6 minutes.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Now, take the seekh and roll the mixture around the seekh.
- Now place banarsi paneer kebab on the seekh in the oven and bake it at 150 degrees for next 10 minutes.
- Now brush oil on the seek kebabs and bake them again for next 10 minutes at 160 degrees.
You are now ready to serve the banarsi paneer kebab with dahi pudina chutney and spicy red onions.